MWC Shanghai 2023 Wraps Up 10th Anniversary Event After Three Days Of Collaboration, Insights And Innovation
June 30, 2023
MWC Shanghai 2023 welcomed nearly 37,000 delegates from 115 countries and territories
30 June 2023, Shanghai: After three days of discussion, debate and networking, the GSMA has concluded MWC Shanghai 2023, convening nearly 37,000 attendees from 115 countries and territories, including policymakers and business leaders from the mobile ecosystem and beyond.
“MWC Shanghai 2023 has been truly inspirational and we are so grateful for the close collaboration and support from Cyberspace Administration of China; Ministry of Industry and Information Technology; Shanghai Municipal People’s Government; China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom and China Broadnet, our partners, exhibitors and sponsors. We sincerely thank them for helping us deliver MWC Shanghai 2023. It is their level of energy and support that ensured we were able to deliver a world-class event that exceeded our expectations,” said John Hoffman, CEO of GSMA Ltd.
MWC Shanghai 2023 in numbers:
- nearly 37,000 people attended in-person
- Attendees from 115 countries and territories, with nearly 3,000 attendees from outside mainland China
- Attendees representing over 8,000 companies, with over 30% of attendees from adjacent industries beyond the mobile sector
- Nearly 300 exhibitors, sponsors and partners
- 300 speakers and thought leaders, with over 30% from international markets and over 20% female keynote speakers
- nearly 30% of attendees at director level and above, of which over 2,000 from the C-suite
- Over 460 international media outlets and industry analysts
- To date, there were nearly 1,850,000 unique viewers of the keynote sessions across media partner platforms
Asia Mobile Awards (AMOs)
The AMOs are determined by a panel of judges representing the GSMA. The winners of the AMOs for Best Smartphone in Asia, Disruptive Device Innovation in Asia, and the 5G Industry Challenge categories were announced during the Technology Driving Change keynote. This year’s winners are:
- The Disruptive Device Innovation Award
- The Best Smartphone in Asia Award
OPPO Find N2
HONOR Magic 5 Pro (Highly Commended)
- The 5G Industry Challenge Award, jointly won by:
- China Unicom and GDERNET (Guangdong Education and Research Network) for its 5G education private network
- Tang West Market Group for its cultural & artworks metaverse
MWC Shanghai is part of the MWC series of events, held by the GSMA alongside the M360 series of events. Join us as we continue our journey to unlock the full power of connectivity at MWC Las Vegas, which is scheduled for 26-28 September 2023 followed by MWC Kigali, 17-19 October 2023. The M360 series will continue with M360 APAC in Seoul between 7-8 September, followed by M360 MENA in Riyadh from 6-7 November.
Next year’s MWC Shanghai 2024 will take place 26-28 June 2024. News and updates from MWC Shanghai, as well as official event photography, are available on the event website press zone.
The GSMA is a global organisation unifying the mobile ecosystem to discover, develop and deliver innovation foundational to positive business environments and societal change. Our vision is to unlock the full power of connectivity so that people, industry, and society thrive. Representing mobile operators and organisations across the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industries, the GSMA delivers for its members across three broad pillars: Connectivity for Good, Industry Services and Solutions, and Outreach. This activity includes advancing policy, tackling today’s biggest societal challenges, underpinning the technology and interoperability that make mobile work, and providing the world’s largest platform to convene the mobile ecosystem at the MWC and M360 series of events.
We invite you to find out more at gsma.com
GSMA Press Office