The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with almost 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com.
Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
What We Do
The GSMA delivers a range of industry programmes, advocacy initiatives and convening events that advance the industry and benefit society. Key programmes and initiatives include:
- Future Networks – Future Networks is focused on driving the adoption of all-IP communications services, expanding network coverage and leveraging advances in 4G, and accelerating the commercial opportunities of the 5G future.
- Identity – The Identity programme is providing secure and simple authentication to a wide range of digital services, utilising the simplicity of the mobile phone number.
- Internet of Things – The Internet of Things programme is designed to help operators add value and accelerate the delivery of new connected devices and services in the IoT.
- Public Policy – The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse and convey the perspectives of the industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
- Spectrum – The Spectrum programme works to ensure that mobile operators have timely and affordable access to appropriate spectrum to meet the rapidly growing demand for mobile broadband services.
- Mobile For Development – The GSMA’s Mobile for Development programme brings together mobile operators, tech innovators, the development community and governments to demonstrate the positive socio-economic impact of the power of mobile, delivering scalable, life-enhancing mobile services to the underserved.
The GSMA’s research arm, GSMA Intelligence, provides definitive data and intelligence for the industry, with a dataset comprising more than 26 million data points, updated daily. The GSMA IMEI & PathFinder Services team provides members and other organizations with vital TAC, IMEI & ENUM data to improve network and device analytics, mobile anti-theft & fraud best practise and help brands improve global message delivery. The GSMA also produces Mobile World Live, the online portal for the mobile communications industry.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at gsma.com.